Friday, June 03, 2005

Awards

Last night was the awards party for the end of the year. Seniors are recognized and the Alpha Psi Omega organization on campus awards the "best of" people. I was honored last night to receive best light design for Twelfth Night.

I also received a plaque for being a graduating senior, and to my shock I won outstanding graduate. I so thought Lauren was going to win for all her community work with peer theatre, but she was given a separate award for that and a scholarship. To my advantage though, Bill forgot the Dr. Seuss book that is tradition for the outstanding graduate to read from. Unfortunately, the department will not forget, and I'm sure I will have to read it at some future time.

I'm continuing to work on the research portion of the senior project, I'm focusing on the numbers I went over on color temperatures of lamps and sunsets. I wish I had saved and documented that portion better, but I just glanced over it and scribbled notes on post-its. I'm noticing that Christina's research is a lot more thorough than mine, which is probably why it's so much easier for her to type it out.

No comments: