Sunday, November 09, 2008

LDI Las Vegas

So LDI was awesome. My first time attending, much like USITT but there was booze everywhere! Gotta love Vegas.

I had a great time attending the Ohm's Law class. Learned a lot but I need to practice my math skills quite a bit. Brain Age on my DS doesn't quite cover resistance and voltage in their math lessons. Too bad! (Hey million dollar idea, Brain Age: The tech's version)

I got a close up tour of the GrandMA 2. Beautiful board in black, squarish. Not as futuristic looking as I thought it'd be, but it still has the "Erect" button.

Also took a session on PRG's Series 400 power and data distro. Great idea running networking down the same trunk line as the breakout boxes. Plus the built-in safety features of power are great. (i.e. If you plug a 120 breakout into the 208v output, the distro will not send power down the line, and if there is a addressing conflict, the network will not broadcast until the problem is fixed)

I also attending a paperwork class on festival and rep theater. Not as exciting, basically emphasized using the class feature in Vectorworks and synching multiple worksheets in Excel or LightWright to keep track of what lights can work with multiple shows.

Can't wait for USITT in March 2009! Hope to see ya'all there!

No comments: