Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Social media whore

Hi, my name is Roxanne, and I'm a social media whore.

I blog
Why?
Because it fills the boredom. Haven't you ever been alone and just wished you had someone you could rant to? Well I do! And instead of calling up someone at 1:35 am (the current time), I turn to the web and you (the reader... if anyone still reads this poorly updated blog).

I tweet
Why?
It all started with a friend that moved away. @skinnylycan decided to up and leave me to go back to school... I know! right? Anyways, he left and created a twitter account, and I figured it would be a great way to let him know I missed him by creating an account just to follow him.

then I started following twitter accounts that were for a good cause...
then I started following celebrities...
then I started following other friends who created accounts...
then I started taunting mice chatters who were obsessed with my job...

then I just started tweeting random thoughts and following people I saw mentioned on television... i.e. @chrismacho from the wheat thins commercial.


I also do the whole Facebook thing
Why?
Cuz it's fun, I'm busy and like to know that my best friend's little girl just started pre-school. The photo is cute. I don't care if people think it's cool to NOT be on Facebook. I happen to care what everyone else is doing with their life because my life tends to be sleep, work, sleep, work, sleep, work... etc.


I used to do the MySpace thing.
Why?
I didn't delete mine because it was the cool thing to do. I deleted it because it was tiring trying to follow both MySpace and Facebook at the same time. I basically jumped ship to save time.

I foursquare.
Why?
Because I'm mayor of my coffee bean and it's saved me money at some places from time to time. If someone decided to gps stalk me, go ahead. I always carry a knife on me! :-) You've been warned.


Ok, to sum up. I'm a social media whore. Do I deserve a massive number of followers? No. Probably not. But if you're bored and just want a timeline of updates to read... follow @roxietech on twitter and don't complain when all you see are my Facebook, cnn, foursquare and other random updates filling your screen.
Thanks
Roxanne

No comments: