Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter

So I'm supposed to call home at 10am (Pacific Time) but I'm hearing from all of my friends that everyone on this ship is trying to call home so chances of me actually getting through at a specified time are one in a million. I will try as close as possible but at 2pm today (10am Pacific time) I have to be on stage working. So I will call at 1:30pm and if I can't get through, well then... Happy Easter.

New York was awesome. I was stuck on the boat but we circled the statue of liberty and crossed under the Verazano (sp?) bridge. The boat only has a clearance of 13 feet when we go under so it looks like we're going to crash into it. It's amazing!!! I can't wait to come back and actually see the city.

I also wanted to share a poem a friend showed me here on board. No one knows where it came from, but it's hillarious

Last night as I lay sleeping
I died or so it seemed
Then I went to heaven
But only in my dream
Up there St. Peter met me
Standing at the pearly gate
He said "I must check your record,
Please stand here and wait."
He turned and said "Your record
Is covered with terrible flaws,
On Earth I see you rallied
For every losing cause.
I see that you drank alcohol,
And smoked and used drugs too.
Fact is, you've done everything
A good person should never do.
We can't have people like you up here.
Your life was full of sin."
Then he read the last of my record
Took my hand and said "Come In."
He led me up to the big boss and said
"Take him in and treat him well,
He used to work on Cruise Ships.
He's done his time in hell."
Happy Easter!
PS Amy, if you're reading this... where's LOST? :-(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy easter dear! everyone said hi!I am counting the days to see you- I am coming loaded with movies if I find the lost series do you want me to buy it 2 miss u 2 mom

Anonymous said...

Got an e-mail that you were in NY Friday, thought you were there 4/14, and since there was no date, i called, and they said you were not at the Hotel. I asked Robyn, and she said it is next week you are there. Well hope you are still having fun. Any good dirt, ha ha. The Easter Bunny came and left and we had lots of good food. Finally got to drink a soda and have some candy. I gave them up for lent. Had some Dodger dogs, i soaked them in beer, because we heard that's what they do, and they were pretty good, hickup. ha ha.
One of Richard's cousin back from Iraq, and he brought Richard a license plate from there. It's pretty neat. Hope you are taking lots of pictures to show when you get back. Richard likes to watch Lost, i can't stay awake to watch it. Went last week to look at the CSUF campus, finally slowly ...inching my way there. Take care...Your favortie Aunt

Anonymous said...

Hey Rox, Love the blog and thanks for the post card, it is now on the call board. The show is coming together- I wish you could see it. Leave for Zimbabwe tomorrow. I'll look for your boat as I fly over the pond. love ya, Bill