Saturday, May 27, 2006

Southampton and New York

Well, I finally made it off the ship in both Southampton England and New York. I only made it as far as Brooklyn last time with my mom and Eddie when we hit New York in April. (Was it that long ago?) This time, me, Paul and Andrew ("Bam Bam") took the crew shuttle to Brooklyn, then hopped on the subway to Times Square. It was amazing. When we came out of the subway, I couldn't believe how tall the buildings are. I took lots of pictures, which I can hopefully upload a few, and lots of mpegs (thats digital movies for you older folks).

Jay (our crew chief) gave me a copy of a program he uses to edit movies, it's only a trial version though so I'm limited as to what I can do. But it came out great. I will try mailing home a copy, but guess what? I've only got a little over a month left. Woo hoo!

As for England, it was nice. Not exciting and not the best food. We had pizza in both places so I'm not so homesick on the food part. We arrive in Southampton in 2 days and I will be port manning again so I'll be sending money along with Bam Bam to bring me back a McDonald's Cheeseburger or something. Have I mentioned the food sucks on board? (At least for the crew).

Next ports are
May 29 - Southampton
June 4 - New York

We have a charter coming up which will take us to South Carolina and a stop in the Bahamas before we hit New York again, then on to the Mediterranean (Italy and Spain) with a new cast of singers and dancers.

Miss you all! See you in July.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings and Salutations Roxanne!

I just got your postcard today...thank you so much. I miss you too. I don't know if you got the email I sent out about Knott's hiring...which for you repeat offenders is June 27th. I also emailed Judee to remind her that you won't be back until about the 2 week of July (if you stay in NY for a few days) and to keep a spot open for you. As you get closer to coming home you might want to email Jerry Tomlinson from Disney to remind him about getting an interview. Hmmm...can't really think of anything else going on. Rather boring times...but very hot weather...icky.

Well...take care and I can't wait to see you in about a month and a half!!

CASEY IS GAY!

Love Tara (Uff Da)

Anonymous said...

what is the exact date that you will be in new york I want to see if Cookie and me will come in since looks like dad is gonna flake- financially i told him I dont think I can but i do not want you alone out there..love you and let me know where you will land in new york either La Gaurdia or JFK

Anonymous said...

I thought of two more things I forgot to say on my last post to you...1. I started the first season of lost...I'm on the 3rd disc right now. and 2. (you will not be happy...and I'm not sure I should tell you...but I will but promise me you'll be strong...

Carlton (Jimmy-Chuck) is no longer at Knott's. He has moved to Kansas to take over his family's business.

Now remember...you promised you'd be strong...I know we can find you (and the rest of the female population)a new guy with a smaller ego to drool over.

Miss you Foxy Roxy!

Love, Uff Da