Saturday, May 06, 2006

Hamburg & Photos! (Finally)

We just docked in Hamburg, Germany (literally 10 minutes) ago. We pulled into the dry dock area and as I type, crews are working to pull the gates shut behind the ship and start pumping out water so they can begin working on the broken pod. Crews joined in Southampton last time we were there, yesterday morning and already fixed stuff all over the ship. The floors in the pub were sanded this morning and have already gotten a first coat of new varnish.

Tomorrow morning we start running our production shows for a filming crew and will spend all day running pieces of the show over and over and over... for multiple camera angles and stuff. So it will be a long day. But, tomorrow night, we will also all venture out into Hamburg to see a club called the "Reeperbauhn" (SP?)

But... until I can come back on here and post another blog, you'll just have to settle for PHOTOS!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here's an artistic pic I did off the coast of Chile. It's freezing, about 7 am in the morning, and yes I am wearing layers upon layers of clothing.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
First stop on the trip was Acapulco, Mexico. As you can see, I had a great time. This was the last time I saw a tortilla and guacamole since yesterday. The ship decided to celebrate Cinco de Mayo for the small amount of hispanics on board. Unfortunately, the British think Cinco de Mayo is Mexican Independence Day.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Valparaiso in South America.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The greatest steak I've ever had was in Uruguay. Rhymes with Casey's Gay.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
There's the statue of Christ overlooking Rio in the background.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This guy was carving replicas of the Jesus figure at Ipanema beach. I tipped him about a dollar. That's how most of these people make their money. Most of them would just come up and beg you for money, people like this artist were the only ones I tipped.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Rio doesn't call it a "Royale with Cheese."
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Puerto Montt in Chile.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Puerto Montt in Chile.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
In Panama. The dancers greet guests coming off cruise ships. We didn't wander too far from the boat. Had a beer and a hot dog from a local stand.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is Peru's National Soccer Stadium. I took the pic from a taxi cab while driving thru on our way to a mall.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Off the cape of South America.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Off the cape of South America.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
St. Kitt's. This is just before we came back to the US for the first time since I left L.A.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
St. Thomas. Finally back in the US and the first time I was able to get a phone signal. Stupid T-mobile.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My boss. He's drunk
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
An artistic photo of the crew rave night in the crew bar. This is where my boss got drunk at.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Jay, Jorge, Matt (my boss), and Caz (my old cabin mate)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Me and astronaut Kathy Sullivan. She came on board to lecture about life in Space.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Me and Caz. This was on the 4th of May, the night before she left. :-(
Ok, that's it for now folks. Everyone take care. I miss you all. Good night, or good afternoon for you. I'm 11 hours or so ahead of you now.
Roxanne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, can't wait to see more. Hey maybe Grandma should get a job on the cruise ship and they can have good mexican food. Your Dad stopped by today and talked to Richard. I think he'll be back (I hope) to fix some plumbing stuff at the house. Not sure if you heard, the Lakers lost, but the Clippers are in the finals. Oscar De La Hoya won Saturday night, good fight, and even better, because he won, sixth round knockout. Haven't had a chance to see Ryan's game, heard it is pretty funny. The food pitcures are making me hungry. in fact I had tacos for dinner, with guacamole, or cacamole as Richard calls it. Next time I eat a tortilla I'll think about you. Keep having fun, and stay safe. Send more pictures. Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Roxanne!!! What an adventure you are having! That is so cool. Thanks for posting that bulletin, it reminded me to come read your blog. =) Hope you're having a blast and sleeping at least occasionally. ;)

Lots of love,
Kim