Wednesday, January 03, 2007

First rehearsal

Today was the second production meeting ever for Me Nobody Knows. I scheduled time on Friday at lunch to meet privately with the director and ask him tons of questions and listen to what he wants from lighting for the show.

The director informed us all that this show is about to open in New York as well, so I guess we'll all be keeping an eye out for how it does.

After the meeting I headed into the theater to watch the first blocking rehearsal. This helped a heap just to find out how the shows going to start. I got many of my questions answered ahead of time. Basically the show will start as follows...

main in, and hazer going
(second and third electrics are in to the deck)

Q1 preset - house lights, curtain warmers, basic worklights on stage

Q2 house to half, worklights out (overture)

Q3 fade all
first "ding ding" Main flies out in black

Q4 second set of "ding ding"
sounds in the Light Sings number cues the pit to begin rising

follow spot picks up soloist on top of center scaffold that has just
risen out of the pit filled with fog

"stars in the sky"
Q5 third electric begins to fly out and lights come up

"kids start to shout"
Q6 second electric begins to fly out and lights come up

"... and its the sun!"
Q7 Light build

Basically, you can see where I'm going. I've obviously made my description on here a lot shorter than what I actually will be doing. I took a massive amount of notes and have tons of auto-follows with color chases, bumps, etc.

No comments: