Friday, March 17, 2006

Greetings from Ecuador

I've gotten all of your guy's e-mails over the past few days, and yes I wish I could reply to all of them. But I love that I'm getting them, so don't stop! :-)

We just returned from Ecuador. The captain added a second stop to make up for the missed Costa Rica port. I drank 2 beers and basically sat on the beach getting more of a tan. I'm a bit burnt, just from setting up the bands outdoors on deck 8. But I took a towel and held it over my head while I was standing in line waiting to get back on a tender to go back to the QM2.

We left Karl behind because he wanted to stay longer, and we've pretty much seen as much as we could with the time we had. Lucky Karl doesn't have to work till way later tonight. But he's still searching for a shot glass for me, since I couldn't find one.

I can't feel the boat moving anymore like I used to, but everyone keeps saying that'll change when we go around the cape of South America. We're also expected to see some really neat glaciers and penguins! My nephew would love that! I keep hearing about drydock in Germany in May as well. We should be there for a few days doing maintenance and rehearsing shows, but we'll also get some time to go explore the city.

New York is still set for April 15th. That's when a lot of the entertainment crew leave and me and Andrew won't be the new people anymore. My roomie will be leaving too so I'll be getting a new cabin mate. We spent last night out on the deck partying for the "Crossing the Equator" party. It was awesome. I actually forgot I was on a boat for a while, until I walked over to the rail and looked out at the blackness all around us. All I could hear was waves and see the wakes from the boat. (We had a full moon, so it was gorgeous). Then we struck the band at midnight.

Ok all, glad to hear Andrea's moving. And thanks for the picture of the puppy Robyn. Oh, and for everyone, Disney wrote back, they're super interested and the guy wrote he'd put my papers thru to be interviewed in the next round when I return. Yay!

Bye all! Casey's Gay!
Roxanne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well New York sounded like a plan but that is weekend of Easter and you know what that means- everyone is over-I am so excited that Disney is intrested.Are you taking care of yourself? dont forget get in to the dentist and dr before you get home maybe you can set up an appt when you are in Germany on dry dock miss you love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Well it sounds like things are so far so good. As for me I had the meeting with Laguna and...they want me! the plan is I will sign a 5 wk contract in Nov. that will run through Dec. Then she plans to give me my own show sometime in the spring. She said if I can hang on for a year or so she plans to make me full time. Which is awesome since in Jan. '07 they are going to break ground on two new theaters (one black box, and one 1,500 seat house with fly space.) I can hardly believe they want me I mean I never really peged myself as a NY kind of gal but I think this will be just large ebough but still small enough to be right up my alley. So when you get back we will have to see where I am and if i can sell you to them too. I am proud of you and mad that you missed the HSTF but the workshop went well...you would have been proud of me. And the candy was a big hit. Love ya Rox stay safe and thanks foe keeping us posted

Anonymous said...

Do you know when you will be back in ny again other than the weekend of april 14?I want to see if there is another weekend that I could get up to see you. raining here today again. "T" says hi talked to your dad he said he talked to you i'm glad you are staying in touch-I copy all your updates to grandma so she can read since she cant hear me when i call her love u miss u