Friday, March 24, 2006

Peru and Chile

Well, since my last update I have visited three ports. The first was in Peru. I forget the name, but we didn't spend a lot of time at the port. We (me and 4 other people) took a cab ride to Lima, Peru. We spent the day at a shopping mall called Miraflores where we ate lunch at a Tony Roma's. It was nice having a really good American Meal. Cheeseburger, fries and an onion loaf that we all split. After that, we went back to the port where there was a little market for the tourists. It was nice because you could haggle prices. I purchased two shot glasses, a wooden recorder and a cute little llama. I only spent $7.

Today, I'm in Puerto Montt, Chile. The last port was in Valparaiso, Chile. But to be exact Puerto Montt Chile's coordinates:

Lat: 41 28.880 south
Lon: 07 56.242 west

I'm sure if you google it you can find it on a map. It's really bad weather so we got drenched by the rain, we only spent about an hour shopping and to our wonderful surprise, we found a pizza hut and ate pepperoni pizza. Sorry Robyn, but I splurged and had a Coke. :-)

I bought a cute little ring for $2 for my Mom, which is an addition to the little present I bought her for her birthday. A fridge magnet that's also a bottle opener from Acapulco. It has a little turtle on it so I'm sure she'll like it. I figure it's better I tell her here that she actually has something rather than wait until April when I might get a chance to see her.

But the bad weather isn't a total waste. At least I won't have to carry all the band equipment up to deck 8 for their outdoor concert in a while. Now, we just have to lug two speakers up to deck 12 where there is an indoor swimming pool and lounge area covered with a glass ceiling. That's a lot easier. Alright, the ships engines are warming up so we'll probably be leaving in another two hours. Usually when the ship starts pulling out of port all the satellite signals go haywire and you can't make a phone call or get on the net for a bit.

I miss all of you, and lots of love.
Roxanne

PS I saw a real llama today. What's up with South America and putting llama's on everything? ;-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just think "Llaaaama face."

Miss you rox.

And I think it's great you were in Valparisao. Memories of that play... right now we are currently in the middle of KAR, and Little Shop rehearsals start monday. Spring break was not nearly long enough.

Take a shot for me! Keep updating.

And always remember "There's a F***ing Victrolla on stage!" when things get "too theatrical." Sally Lynn

Anonymous said...

Just think "Llaaaama face."

Miss you rox.

And I think it's great you were in Valparisao. Memories of that play... right now we are currently in the middle of KAR, and Little Shop rehearsals start monday. Spring break was not nearly long enough.

Take a shot for me! Keep updating.

And always remember "There's a F***ing Victrolla on stage!" when things get "too theatrical." Sally Lynn

Anonymous said...

sorry i posted twice. darn old sound room comp... Sally

Anonymous said...

thank you for my present can't wait to see you miss you much - take it easy on the American food- enjoy the countries and their food-hope to talk to you when you get into n.y love you :(mom

Anonymous said...

i miss you!!!

-barnes

p.s. you owe me ... you know ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Roxanne,


Thanks for keeping us posted on how things are going. We have had lots of rain here too......It seems like just about every couple of days. Although after today, we may have some sunny days.

Megan has a couple of friends from her Australia trip coming to stay with us for a few days. They may go to Disneyland tomorrow.

David had family visiting from New York and we invited some family from out here on Sunday for a Barbecue. It was fun because they are quite a colorful bunch. Plus David's half brother had not met them before so that was pretty exciting.

Travis is winding down some work on the old truck...it is now painted and he ended up putting a new motor in it....so he thinks he is hot s@#$!

I am looking at the downhill slide of the school year.

That's about it from the homefront. Be sure you are taking in all the culture and "food" too.
Be sure to tell us all about New York. There is no place like NY.


Love,

Rosie

Anonymous said...

please tell me what city and what port you will be in I want to see if I can get a room near by love mom