Friday, March 10, 2006

Mexico

We're a couple miles off shore from Mexico right now. I've taken some photos but haven't got enough free time to upload any. I'm in between projects right now and should be taking a nap like some of the others. Maybe I still will.

Our first stop will be Alcaupolco and I will allowed to leave the ship. The next stop after that will be in Ecuador, and I will have to remain on board, but I've been told that I'm lucky for that. Apparently Ecuador is a disgusting little country. Last time, one of the crew actually saw a dead person on the side of the road, so most of the crew won't be leaving the ship.

As for the boat repair ride to Germany, it's still on for May, we'll be there 4-6 days while the boat is in Dry Dock (which means it'll be up on stilts) but we'll still be living on board with absolutely no passengers. Basically it becomes a huge maintenance week for everyone.

Food is good. Beer is plentiful. And the sights are amazing. I haven't felt the boat rocking much until just after we left dock in San Pedro and today. Probably because we're close to the tip of baja california and the wakes are bigger. I havent gotten sick from the sea, but I did start to get a little nauseous from the drinking my first night. It's an initiation to get the new people drunk the first night, but I was ok. I stayed away from the tequilla.

Alright, I miss all of you, I wish you were here, mostly to help lug stuff around. And I can't wait to hear back from you. You can just post a comment on here, I don't think you have to sign up for anything, but you'll have to do a word verification (Dad hates those).

Robyn, hug Ryan for me. Mom slap Robyn for me (just kidding ;-) wink wink)

Roxanne

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE I FELL BETTER NOW EOBYN JUST INFORMED ME SHE WAS OFFERED A NEW JOB ABOUT 8 MILES FROM THE HOME SHE IS EXCITED AND I WILL HUG RYAN ALOT FOR YOU LOVE YOU MISS YOU MUCH DONT DRINK TOO MUCH I DONT WANT YOU GOING OVERBOARD REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED TO GOLDIE HAWN!! MOM

Anonymous said...

GOT YOUR MESAGE . YOU HAVE A LETTER HEAR FROM RYAN YAKS OR YALES YOU NO . DO YOU WANT ME TO OPEN IT .I MISS YOU , BE HAPPY , TRUST NO ONE . GIRLY TOUGH AINT ENOUGHT . LOVE PIMP DAD'Y

Anonymous said...

Roxanne--It was super cool reading about what you're up to. The most FAQ were super funny!!! Sound like you're having fun and we'll keep in touch. God Bless--Love Nino Gerry and Terri the typist.

Anonymous said...

THANSK FOR YOUR ITIENARY- BOY YOU WILL BE IN SOME PRETTY COOL PLACES RYANS GAME WAS PRETTY FUNNY ON SAT HE DID MAKE 1 GOOD STOP AND 1 GOOD HIT-HE WAS SHAKING IT AT 1RST BASE PRETTY COLD HERE MISS YOU MOM LOVE YOU BE SAFE

Anonymous said...

hey! i finally got around to checking out your blog. i read the first one and will make my way through each one. i know i'm not a good friend because i didn't check it earlier but i had it bookmarked on my computer at home and well you know, i'm never home!

glad that you stayed away from the tequilla, thank goodness you don't feel the ship moving and get sea sick. i wish i was there to help you lug that shit around! :)

-barnes