Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Sans Costa Rica

Well the itenerary has changed. Yesterday we were unable to dock in Costa Rica so the passengers are upset. The swells were huge and it was knocking the whole ship around. People still actually wanted to try to get on the tenders (little life boats that take you to shore) so they could go on their little tours! I can't believe some people were willing to try. Anyways, the captain picked up anchor and we headed towards Panama (where we are right now) so we're a day ahead of schedule. I don't know if we'll continue on a day ahead of schedule or if he'll just slowly creep on so we wind up back on track.

Bad news, I can't upload photos. Not at all. It costs 12cents a minute here at this terminal and it wont allow me access to the USB or CD-ROM. I could use the wireless I was told, except it costs a fortune per minute and uploading pics would take quite a bit of time. So when I get a lot more pics, I will mail them home to my mom/dad/sister to upload. They'll have to give you the link, but it will be a while. I haven't taken enough pics to make it worth the while yet.

Alright, I have to run up to deck 13 (crew deck) so I can get a Casey's Gay picture. I forgot to take it ashore with me so it will have to be me holding it with Panama in the background. I didn't get to see the canal because it is about an hours drive away and we weren't allowed on shore that long. I worked at 4 pm today and I will be working at 8:45 and 10:30 again tonight. If you didn't know, I'm 3 hours ahead of you guys now. We lose an hour every time we change timezones, but it hasn't affected me. I actually get to take naps in the middle of day (no port hole) so when I turn off the lights the room is pitch black.

I miss you all. I'm glad Ryan did good at his t-ball game. If you guys leave a comment, try not to type in all CAPS, its really hard to read (I'm looking at Mom and Dad on this one).

Roxanne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Roxie!! It sounds like you are having a lot of fun. Im sorry that I couldnt make it to the party...but having so many jobs and school its hard to keep anything going and trying to remember. I hope all is well and just have a great time. Like you said it is once in a life time, so enjoy. Hope to hear from you soon if you remember or have the time. Love ya and stay safe!! <3 Janelle

Anonymous said...

Hey Rox, Love the blog and miss the late night e mails. So glad you are on this adventure, we would love to have you talk to the Theatre Dept w/ slide show when you get back. Hey did I ever tell you about my trips to Africa? :> I leave for Harare in a month. I think about you and send positive energy for safe travels,

Much love,

The Dude aka Billie Bob Morse

Anonymous said...

Hey Roxanne, Does Placentia seem far far away? Oh, wait, it is...lol

You are getting to experience something that the rest of us old farts back home will probably never do. Good for you.

Make the best of every minute. I hope you are keeping that journal up to date. You will be able to look back on all your thoughts and experiences for years to come. You can't turn back the hands of time and somewhere down the road say oh I should right down that stuff about that trip I took once upon a time. Make yourself do it because when you are old.....you can't remember &*%$!!!

Most of all..enjoy yourself and do a good job. We all send you our Love to you.

Your Nina Rosie, Megan, and David too.....ha ha

Keep sending the updates when you can.