Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Port Manning

Tomorrow is Ecuador. I won't have a lot of time because I will be port manning. That means, when we get to shore, only so many % of the crew are allowed off the ship. The rest that are required to stay onboard are called "port manning." So I will be missing Ecuador, but my cabin mate Caz (nick name for Caroline) will be taking some of my cash ashore and getting me a shot glass, postcards, and hopefully getting a really good "Casey's Gay" picture.

Before I go any further, if anyone is reading this on Thursday...

Happy Birthday Mom!



I will try calling home, I haven't figured out how to get my stupid satellite phone in the room to work. But I have a $10 calling card and I can try my cell phone again from Deck 13. I've just been told it's hell to get a signal from a third world country. That's the plus side of missing Ecuador, a lot of the guys aren't planning on leaving the ship because they've been to Ecuador before and just keep saying there's nothing worth seeing. The country is aparently really dirty, and kind of dangerous (even during the day).

So that's it. Oh, and I'm officially not a Pollywog anymore. That's someone who's never crossed the equator.

For those FCCT people, while I was in Panama, I heard the original Dancing Cucumber Song from Veggie Tales. Joel knows what I'm talking about. I heard the tune playing and it took me a while to realize what it was. Ok... adios!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very happy to hear that you like working on the boat. I am also very happy to hear that your other crewmates like the "Casey is Gay" picture idea. I wanted to let you know that I got your resume and I'll keep you posted on what goes on with it (when I know...you shall know!). Continue to have tons of fun taking Casey is Gay pictures EVERYWHERE! All over the ship...at ports...in lifeboats...where ever you can take a picture...
I miss you too and please take care!
Uff Da

Anonymous said...

oh thank you- I miss you I may to New York to see you I miss but I am so glad you are having so much fun, but especially seeing the world- my dream just came true for you- I love you miss you- mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Roxanne, It has been a while since I checked to see what you are up to. It all sounds so interesting. You seem to have the ship lingo down. I guess we are learning right along with you. I saw your Mom this past weekend at Cousing Johhny's little boy, Evan's B-day. Since the weather has been rainy about every couple of days, they canceled the Tri-City Park plan and went with the Lampost Pizza Party. There was quite a big turnout. He was just cute as could be.

I spoke with Tina yesterday....She sounds so much better. She is so relieved that Bob came home. We all just are continuing our prayers for all of them. We hope that the worst is over and he can get on with his healing.

Keep sending the updates. We can live vicariously through you and your travels.

Love,

Rosie

Anonymous said...

i don't wanna be a Pollywog!!! How can i live my life knowing that i'm a Pollywog!?!?!?

actually i think the navy has some sort of "ritual" which others might call hazing. either get drunk or some sort of "tattoo" from a branding iorn. either way, at least you unpollwogging yourself wasn't painful! :)

-barnes