Saturday, February 19, 2005

Building Light Cues

So yesterday at 3pm, Teresa (my LBO) arrived so we could get ready to do light cues. We built groups and finished a little patching. Then at 4pm we started building cues. It was nice having some random painters and carpenters walking through once in a while because it gave me a chance to see what it would look like on actors.

We would have been done by 8pm but I forgot an important thing. I forgot to turn off tracking. So after running through the cues again, I finished at 9:30pm and went on a set dressing adventure with the stage manager and assistant scene designer. They proceeded to pull a lot of practical lighting devices which I began to fear would out number the standard lighting instruments.

They wired one up and it looked great, so I didn't fear them so much anymore as I did the amount of work it would take to wire all of them up.

No comments: