Sunday, February 13, 2005

Load In Part 2

Well as usual, things were not organized at Cal Poly. We arrived (we being Zach and myself) to the mainstage at noon because we were not allowed to work in the studio right away. The set designer worked on painting the floor for the third day, then enlisted us to help load in her scenery.

After all that, we were able to continue focusing lights. We had to get it done today because tomorrow is the first tech. Yesterday the tech designer kicked us out at 6pm promptly. Today she was kind enough to give us an extra 15 minutes to actually finish.

Now we didn't get finished, but it was focused well enough for the first tech. We will definitely have to do a lot of notes. My show got the front lights focused (I love having Zach to watch my back).

Our master electrician didn't show. He was supposed to be late, but instead he allowed himself to be kidnapped by his fiance for valentine's day celebrations. Which sucked because the only people we had were Connie and Teresa. Connie left early and Teresa arrived late so it was as if we only had 3 people to do all the work all day long. I still can't believe we got that much done.

Tomorrow I will have my patching and circuiting done. And Tuesday is the light focus with the class. That should be interesting...

No comments: