Sunday, February 20, 2005

Tech Rehearsal One

Today started at 11am. With no crew.

Nobody decided to show up and rather than be hindered by my light board op, I decided to work alone. First thing, I changed my blue cyc color from R65 to R80. And I changed my warm diagonals from R41 to R339. This made such a big difference. I also added a gobo to an SL on the first and blind focused it to Orsino's platform (mental note: I don't blind focus well).

I set up the ground row of Par 38 striplights (4 of them). The center 2 have R23 in their center cells. All 4 have R86 in the first cell. I am not using the third cell as of yet... We'll see...

To my pleasure, when I came in, all of the practicals had been set up and wired. (I love my stage manager Seth). He also helped me by placing two mini-pars up above the hut's window. One R15 and one R23 pointed straight down to make the window glow just slightly.

The tech went well. The director still has not attended because she is in grad school. So we had to use a lot of self-restraint from goofing around. I think we did an ok job seeing as how we were done at 10:30ish instead of midnight.

I think tomorrow will go well.

No comments: