Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Moving scenery wasn't planned

One week to go till the show opens

Today the director decided to move the SR scenery downstage about 5 feet, and she flattened it out, so now it runs parallel with the proscenium and not at a 45 degree angle. So that screwed me over... A LOT!

My front light is affected so much as architectual lighting I specifically place for the scenery. I created 2 new electrics in the theater using drop boxes, but now those positions are no longer capable of making the shots because of masking. So now I am in a rush to work on refocusing them tomorrow. (Not like I got a whole lot done today).

Today we finished focusing the proscenium pipe and then we got 3/4 of the first electric done. It was a mess though because I didn't know how to focus them. So now I'm back on vectorworks changing the scenery and re-doing the purposes for lights. Some lights that would have been down or back lights are becoming set toning.

Although as I type, I'm wondering if I should just delete lights, re plot them, and rehang partially in the morning.... hmmm.... Although that would cut into the whole 3 hours I have to focus tomorrow. Damn!

And knowing Bill, he'll probably take up the first hour trying to lecture. Damn! Damn!

And on top of all that, I have a shitload of art homework tonight. Lots of painting to do.

I wish I could take a break. I wish I could get away.

No comments: