Sunday, February 13, 2005

Twelfth Night Load In

Ok, I guess this will be my online journal of the progress of my show.

Yesterday was load in. When we first arrived half the plot was already hung, so my master electrician, assistant M.E. and myself started working on the flipper sections. My light board operator was no where to be found. (Basically, she hasn't inspired any sense of ambition yet)

When that was done, Zach (the L.D. for the studio show arrived) needed us to help on his show because his opens first. So I switched gears from L.D. to crew and we did as much as we could since the floor was being painted. I (in my own little way) made it clear to the set designer that when she runs behind, she makes other people run behind. (She didn't like that)

So 5:45 rolled around and the technical director wanted to leave so we had no choice but to stop working and go home. Or as she called it "return to your lives people."

Today will be fun because the set designer requested the first 3 hours of the 6 hour call to keep painting. So I guess we'll work on my show for that three hours, and have to rush to get Zach's show working because IT OPENS FIRST. God I hate all crew load in days.

No comments: