Thursday, February 17, 2005

Dress Parade

We used the lighting class today to try to finish focus the lights, but unfortunately not a whole lot of people showed up. But luckily I got a hold of the program and started crossing names off so :-P to them!

So now I have the flippers done. My paperwork was kind of screwy. Still haven't figured that out. Just labeled them wrong as SL for SR and vice versa.

I'm noticing the reason I had so many problems when the set moved, was that it didn't just move downstage, it flattened out to be parallel to the stage. And the balcony on SL isn't drawn correctly for me (I think). I might be reading it wrong, but I thought I was going to have some opening on the DSL of Orsino's. So my high side light on the farthest part is useless. But I'm sure I'll find some use for it. ;-)










The set designer and I also went shopping. She purchased two light poles that resemble Bamboo. They're very cute. And she also bought some tiny lanterns that were very cool. But the theater manager pointed out their size would be lost by the back row of the theater. So I believe the set designer is going to return them and we'll use some other lanterns that the theater manager will convert into powered flickering lamps.

Today was also dress parade. It was a very nice chance to see what my lights look like on the actors and the costumes. I turned on my front, side and back lights to help the costume designer and took the opportunity to ask a friend what he thought. His only advice was to add top hats to some fixtures out of courtesy to the people in the first few rows. Not that they were being blinded, it's just as though they were getting quite a bit of ambient spill. I think he's right, so I'll do it.

Tomorrow at 8:30am, an asst. stage manager will let us in so we can finish focusing. I'm just going to rip through these as fast as possible. Then at noon, everyone should start showing up for dry tech, I'll build my cues and do a paper tech thing with the stage manager.

No comments: